Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wrapping Up a Month of Travel

What's my age again?

A huge leafy green salad.   That is the one thing my body is craving when I touch down onto US soil in Houston after my 9 hour flight out of Amsterdam Schipol.  The nutella-peanut butter sandwich and stroopwafle had definitely worn off, so a Wendy's chicken salad leaves me contented, and thus, my one month of traveling is coming to an end.  I can hardly believe that the full month has come to an end.  Part of me is itching to hop aboard another international flight, and part of me is ready to quit living out of my backpack, wondering how long I'll have to keep re-using my clothes before I can wash them again.

Overall, this trip has been rewarding in every possible way.  As always, I managed to travel relatively lightly, since the only souvenirs I collect are postcards, chocolate bar wrappers, and Coke bottle wrappers.  I must confess though that my pack has gained a few more kilos due to the licorice, stroopwafels and cookies my friends sent with me.  As another sad yet unsurprising fact, my favorite clothes that were destroyed, in this case, a pair of jeans I've been wearing for the past 3 years, and 5 pairs of socks that got moldy and ant-infested in humid Costa Rica.  Still, I managed to see and do an amazing amount of things during my travels including:


- kicking back in Americus, Georgia


- partying up in Atlanta


- experiencing an "authentic" Costa Rican holiday in Limón


- lounging the beautiful beaches of Puerto Viejo and Puerto Jimenez 


- hiking the rainforests of Corcovado and seeing all the wildlife


- relaxing and taking in the beauty of Bahía Drake


- seeing good friends in Wageningen


- walking the infamous streets of Amsterdam


- falling in love with Bavaria on the Romantic Road


...and all the while being reunited with old friends and making new ones in every destination.


In the mean time, you can read about and support my next (planned) big adventure to Pokhara, Nepal by clicking here!










0 comments:

Post a Comment